As part of our efforts to give back to the communities in which we live and work in, the Brillient BEST (Brillient Engagement & Service Team) team recently made a meaningful impact at The Children’s Inn at NIH in Bethesda, Maryland. Brillient proudly and regularly supports the Inn, so when presented with the opportunity to sponsor their room nights from December 27-30, 2022, we jumped at the chance. The Children’s Inn is a place like home for children, young adults, and their families seeking their best hope for a cure at the NIH.
Our support provided 23 children and families the chance to stay at The Inn free of charge, enabled families to spend quality time together, and provided children with enriching and fun activities after long days of tests and treatments at the NIH Clinical Center.
“In this time of physical distancing, the health and safety of Inn families remains their top priority. All of the activities mentioned below are designed to be inclusive, so that each resident feels a sense of belonging, safety, care and most importantly, has fun. Their wide range of activities offer families a chance to simply enjoy themselves. Brillient BEST made the following virtual and/or socially distanced activities possible with our sponsorship:
- Bingo – Residents of all ages enjoyed Bingo on iPads and computers to win great toys and prizes. Fun for the whole family!
- Dave and Busters Field Trip – Staff accompanied families off campus for a visit to Dave and Busters for a fun afternoon of games and food!
- Happily Hungry Class – This cooking program taught how to prepare healthy, nutritious, and scrumptious meals and snacks.
- Soccer for the Future – Volunteer Hannah brought her soccer instructional sessions for all ages to The Inn each week, running drills and putting on games.
- Tabata – All families were welcome to join in on this fitness class taught by a professional instructor.
- Yoga – An experienced yoga teacher welcomed families into a virtual weekly class enjoyed by children and caregivers alike.”
Brillient is dedicated to being socially responsible and making an impact on the communities in which we live and work. The Children’s Inn covers two of the three areas we are focused on:
- Children’s health and education – our future
- Fight against disease and suffering including helping sections of society at disadvantage
“The real heroes are the children and families we support! Brillient is incredibly proud to continue our partnership with the Children’s Inn and be recognized for the positive impact our contributions have made. Truly, there is no greater gift and honor than making a positive impact in the life of a child. In the words of Nelson Mandela, “History will judge us by the difference we make in the everyday lives of children.”– Steve Dugan, Brillient’s Senior Director, Talent Management & Human Resources